Bliss is renowned for delivering the world’s best facials, massages, waxing, laser hair-removal, and nail services – highly effective treatments that are able to transform our guests’ appearance and also their overall state of mind. And we’re the only spa that lets the guests bring that unique ‘bliss’-perience home with products designed to make them look and feel healthy, beautiful and happy every day, from the inside out.
Vision | empower and support each other and our Guests around the world to achieve a higher state of happy.
- Bliss 57 | 12 w 57th Street | operating hours 9a-9p M-F, 9a-8p Sat, 9a-7p Sun
- Bliss SoHo | 568 Broadway | operating hours 9a-9p 7 days a week
The Lead Nail Technician will be responsible for training and education in their spa on spa services and protocols, ensuring standards are being adhered to and met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure proficiency in all services provided associated with area of expertise: nail care, product knowledge professional and retail, sanitation procedures, computer training (applicable software), operational responsibilities (will vary by location)
- Provides training and education for new and current technicians to maximize the technician’s understanding of Bliss spa services ensuring best practices are being used in room.
- Coordinate and execute the detailed, standardized, branded, training program for all new hires. Update training materials as needed.
- Strive to ensure that all therapists within the lead techs discipline consistently produce the established retail/service goals.
- Work closely with the spa director to establish daily & weekly targets for the service group
- Required to perform retail training and coach team to achieve the required sales to service retail penetration for specific department.
- Ensure all inventory levels and orders are accurate and meet the spas needs based on volume
- Ensure that all professional stock is distributed to the teams using the correct PAR levels to ensure the reduction in product waste.
- Ensures that Nail Technicians receive and participate in refresher training for existing services and new training for new, changed or enhanced services. Lead Nail Technician sign off required.
- Conduct monthly meetings with technical staff per agenda
- Performs other job-related duties as reasonably requested by management
Qualifications and Skills
- Cosmetology Certification/License required
- Education/Training (or equivalent): H.S. Diploma
- Experience: 3 – 5 years preferred experience working in a high-end resort or urban spa environment
Technical or Administrative Knowledge
- Computer literate – must be able to create, update and edit training manuals, protocols and tests.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Demonstrates commitment to provide the highest quality skincare therapy to those who seek their professional service.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled
- Customer focused – Make service excellence a primary focus of one's actions; effectively meets service excellence; develops and sustains positive and productive service excellence; and takes responsibility for service excellence and loyalty.
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and act to build relationships between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Benefits and Perks A competitive benefits package is offered, inquire within for details to:
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k savings plan
- Paid sick time away from work
- Employee spa service/retail discounts and promotional Friends & Family program
Visit blissspa.com + blissworld.com