bliss south beach
bringing the best brazilians to the beach
Imagine pampering among the palm trees…art deco and exfoliation…and the best Brazilian bikini waxes on the planet—that’s bliss spa at W South Beach. Expect 7300 square feet of tension-fighting facilities, featuring a retail beauty boutique, a luxe nail lounge with two manicure and two pedicure stations, seven treatment rooms, and men’s and women’s lounges. Trademark bliss touches—like a cleverly compiled menu of super effective services, rhythm and blues tunes, and legendary brownie buffet—set a fun, upbeat tone to top off the space. So say goodbye to stressed-out skin and maxed-out muscles…and bienvenido a Mi-‘aah’-mi!
The Licensed Nail Technician role is to provide and maintain the highest standards of nail services and recommendations for home care. A nail technician must provide excellent guest care, and create a feeling of rest and relaxation for spa guests, resulting in high retention and increased treatment and retail sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide guests with thorough and knowledgeable professional nail services, adhering to company protocols.
- Ensure guests receive a detailed prescription for home care regimen after each service.
- Responsible for setting up work station according to standards.
- Required to maintain the established revenue and guest retention goals set for the nail department.
- Upholds and practices the universal health care protocol and standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by state/city law and the spa’s policies and procedures when dealing with guests and coworkers.
- Actively promotes spa treatments, retail products, packages, and seasonal promotions.
- Has complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating guests in these areas.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock stations.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Provides services within the scope of practice of profession as defined by the state/city/ local law, and in accordance with applicable regional laws and regulations.
- Performs gel manicures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an applicable state license to perform services.
- Must have received nail training from an accredited/approved nail school.
- 12 to 18 months preferred experience working in a high-end resort or urban day spa environment.
- Must be available to work varying shifts such as: nights, weekends, and holidays.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge
- Thoroughly educated and understands the anatomy of the body and the effects of the specific techniques utilized in order to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial services to recommend to a given individual.
- Possess excellent communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Skilled at nail art a plus.
- Computer literate.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Exercises dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build relationships between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Benefits and Perks
Signing bonus offered to new hires.
A competitive benefits package is offered to full-time employees:
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401K savings plan
- Paid sick time away from work
- Employee spa service/retail discounts and promotional Friends & Family program