Our journey began on the spiritual island of Bali, where we discovered a true reverence for the healing arts. In Bali, this knowledge is passed down from generation to generation, from mother to daughter, from father to son, and as such is deeply entwined in the Balinese way of life. Combining this rich knowledge and spirit of generosity with European techniques, Mandara offers each guest the ultimate luxuriously healing experience.
Today, Mandara Spas can be found in diverse locations around the world. Every Mandara Spa experience is completely unique, because we honor the diversity of the culture we are immersed in as well as the Balinese traditions from our past. It is our promise that while no two Mandara Spas are identical, you will recognize us from our commitment to your ultimate satisfaction, our belief in the healing arts and the spirit of generosity from which we perform your service. Namaste.
The licensed Esthetician role is to provide and maintain the highest standards of skin therapy and recommendations for home care. An esthetician must provide excellent guest care, and create a feeling of rest and relaxation for spa guests, resulting in high retention and increased treatment and retail sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides guests with thorough and knowledgeable professional esthetics treatments, adhering to company protocols.
- Maintains the established revenue and guest retention goals for the esthetics department.
- Ensures guests receive a detailed prescription plan after each service for home care regimen.
- Demonstrates full knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating guests in these areas.
- Actively promotes spa treatments, retail products, packages, and seasonal promotions.
- Responsible for setting-up treatment room according to standards.
- Uphold and practice the universal health care protocol/standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by state/city law and the spa’s policies/procedures when dealing with guests and coworkers.
- Performs prep work, cleans, and restocks room per spa standards.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Provides services within the scope of practice of profession as defined by the state/city/ local law, and in accordance with applicable regional laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an applicable state license to perform services.
- Must have received skin/waxing training from an accredited/approved massage school.
- 12 to 18 months preferred experience working in a high-end resort or urban day spa environment.
- Must be available to work varying shifts such as: nights, weekends, and holidays.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge
- Thoroughly educated and understands the anatomy of the body and the effects of the specific techniques utilized in order to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial services to recommend to a given individual.
- Possess excellent communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Demonstrates commitment to provide the highest quality of massage therapy to those who seek their professional service.
- Computer literate.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build relationships between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Benefits and Perks
A competitive benefits package is offered, inquire within for details to:
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k savings plan
- Paid sick time away from work
- Employee spa service/retail discounts and promotional Friends & Family program