bliss is renowned for delivering the world’s best facials, massages, waxing, laser hair-removal, and nail services – highly effective treatments that are able to transform our guests’ appearance and also their overall state of mind. And we’re the only spa that lets the guests bring that unique ‘bliss’-perience home with products designed to make them look and feel healthy, beautiful and happy every day, from the inside out.
Vision | empower and support each other and our Guests around the world to achieve a higher state of happy.
bliss SoHo | 568 Broadway | operating hours 9a-9p 7 days a week
The Spa Supervisor overall responsibility is to provide premier quality service to the spa guest, generate revenue by leading the spa concierge and spa attendant teams, and to maintain a consistent flow of general spa operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform MOD duties daily.
- Oversee opening and closing procedures, and all requisite cash handling procedures.
- Assist with handling payroll duties with accuracy adhering to timelines.
- Manage and motivate team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Handle and resolve staff inquiries and concerns.
- Provide back-up support to Concierge team including coaching, guidance, and help in achieving success in their respective roles.
- Handle and create schedules for concierge and spa attendants.
- Participate in the success and communicate to all staff spa monthly marketing promotions, promote/sell new spa memberships, be knowledgeable and well versed in all hotel and spa packages.
- Participate in spa inventory.
- Respond to customer satisfaction survey comments daily. Effectively handle and resolve guest issues and complaints.
- Assist and coach concierge in dealing with guest inquiries.
- Research and solve customer billing inquiries.
- Responsible for front desk reception, assist in the development of the highest service excellence to ensure spa is a market leader.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, greet guests, provide tours, answer phones, offer refreshments to guests.
- Direct client flow at the front desk, check-in & check out guests.Responsible for escorting guests to their appropriate service area, locker room, massage area, nail studio, weight room, etc.
- Conduct quality control, monitor spa using a critical eye and ear to assure standards are met, including retail visual merchandising.
Qualifications and Skills
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Preferred experience working with a Point of Sale system (Book4Time spa operating system experience desirable) and answering phones in a customer service facing environment, retail a plus.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic Microsoft Office, ccomputer literate with good typing skills.
- Excellent listening and verbal skills, and effective communicator.
- Able to operate basic business machines (i.e. calculator, fax, printer, copier).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet US employment and eligibility requirements.
- At least 1 year of experience of working with answering phones in a customer oriented environment.
- Excellent client care, service excellence, and attention to detail.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the spa, including weekends.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Demonstrate pleasant and appropriate phone and front facing client etiquette.
- High personal standards and values: self-motivated, team player, responsible, and dependable.
Benefits and Perks
- A competitive benefits package is offered, inquire within for details to:
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k savings plan
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time away from work
- Employee spa service/retail discounts and promotional Friends & Family program
Visit blissspa.com + blissworld.com