bliss is renowned for delivering the world’s best facials, massages, waxing, laser hair-removal, and nail services – highly effective treatments that are able to transform our guests’ appearance and also their overall state of mind. And we’re the only spa that lets the guests bring that unique ‘bliss’-perience home with products designed to make them look and feel healthy, beautiful and happy every day, from the inside out.
Vision | empower and support each other and our Guests around the world to achieve a higher state of happy.
bliss spa NYC is recruiting for an Assistant Operations Manager to help lead an urban day spa experience. As a member of the spa leadership team, the Assistant Operations Manager, will work closely with the Operations Manager and Spa Director in driving top-line revenue, managing human capital, coaching talent, building client relations, and securing spa membership retention.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide premier quality service to the Steiner spa guest, generate revenue by leading the spa concierge and spa attendant teams, and to maintain a consistent flow of general spa operations.
- Communicate monthly, weekly, daily promotions to the concierge and technical teams to reach goals.
- Manage and motivate team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Demonstrate proficiency in spa operating + POS system to schedule and tender spa appointments.
- Perform inventory of retail and professional supplies as required by corporate.
- Assist with payroll duties with accuracy, as directed by corporate adhering to timelines and deadlines.
- Provide support to the concierge team, including coaching and guiding talent to achieve success in their respective roles.
- Handle and create schedules for concierge and spa attendant departments.
- Perform tasks as set forth by spa standards, including proper telephone etiquette, service excellence, oversee the cleanliness both back and front of house.
- Respond to customer satisfaction survey comments daily, and resolves customer service issues as needed on site.
- Ensure client satisfaction by enforcing quality control, and effectively handle and resolve customer concerns/feedback.
- Resolve staff issues.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and all requisite cash handling processes.
- Respond to facility needs to secure a seamless guest experience.
- Handle payroll duties with accuracy adhering to timelines and deadlines.
- Perform MOD duties daily.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education High School diploma required, college degree desired.
- At least one year of experience working with a Point of Service (Book4Time or Spa Software system) in a hospitality/retail operations role.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience in a spa environment.
- Ability to meet US employment and eligibility requirements.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the spa, including weekends.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge
- Computer literate with good keyboarding skills, able to check and respond to Outlook emails.
- Excellent listening and verbal skills, effective communicator, able to write legibly.
- Able to operate basic business machines (i.e. calculator, fax, printer, copier).
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrates sound decision-making ability for the best needs of the business, comes up with simple solutions to complex problems.
- Able to build trust by interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Identifies opportunities and acts to build relationships and collaborate between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Thinks strategically but also enjoys getting hands dirty – results driven.
- Contributes to operational achievements, and challenges the norm to improve on processes.
- Abreast on all the latest trends in spa/beauty/wellness.
- Motivated and curious, volunteers for new challenges without waiting to be asked. Comfortable managing your time and can be counted on to successfully reach goals.
Visit blissspa.com + blissworld.com