bliss spa is renowned for delivering the world’s best facials, massages, waxing, laser hair-removal, and nail services – highly effective treatments that are able to transform our guests’ appearance and also their overall state of mind. And we’re the only spa that lets the guests bring that unique ‘bliss’-perience home with products designed to make them look and feel healthy, beautiful and happy every day, from the inside out.
Vision | empower and support each other and our Guests around the world to achieve a higher state of happy.
181 Third Street, 4th floor, San Francisco 94103
The licensed Esthetician role is to provide and maintain the highest standards of skin therapy and recommendations for home care. An esthetician must provide excellent guest care, and create a feeling of rest and relaxation for spa guests, resulting in high retention and increased treatment and retail sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides guests with thorough and knowledgeable professional esthetics treatments, adhering to company protocols.
- Maintains the established revenue and guest retention goals for the esthetics department.
- Ensures guests receive a detailed prescription plan after each service for home care regimen.
- Demonstrates full knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating guests in these areas.
- Actively promotes spa treatments, retail products, packages, and seasonal promotions.
- Responsible for setting-up treatment room according to standards.
- Uphold and practice the universal health care protocol/standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by state/city law and the spa’s policies/procedures when dealing with guests and coworkers.
- Performs prep work, cleans, and restocks room per spa standards.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Provides services within the scope of practice of profession as defined by the state/city/ local law, and in accordance with applicable regional laws and regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an applicable state license to perform services.
- Must have received skin/waxing training from an accredited/approved massage school.
- 12 to 18 months preferred experience working in a high-end resort or urban day spa environment.
- Must be available to work varying shifts such as: nights, weekends, and holidays.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge
- Thoroughly educated and understands the anatomy of the body and the effects of the specific techniques utilized in order to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial services to recommend to a given individual.
- Possess excellent communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Demonstrates commitment to provide the highest quality of massage therapy to those who seek their professional service.
- Computer literate.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build relationships between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Benefits and Perks
A competitive benefits package is offered, inquire within for details to:
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k savings plan
- Paid sick time away from work
- Employee spa service/retail discounts and promotional Friends & Family program
Competitive joining bonus for those successful candidates that complete six months of continuous employment.