Our journey began on the spiritual island of Bali, where we discovered a true reverence for the healing arts. In Bali, this knowledge is passed down from generation to generation, from mother to daughter, from father to son, and as such is deeply entwined in the Balinese way of life. Combining this rich knowledge and spirit of generosity with European techniques, Mandara offers each guest the ultimate luxuriously healing experience.
Today, Mandara Spas can be found in diverse locations around the world. Every Mandara Spa experience is completely unique, because we honor the diversity of the culture we are immersed in as well as the Balinese traditions from our past. It is our promise that while no two Mandara Spas are identical, you will recognize us from our commitment to your ultimate satisfaction, our belief in the healing arts and the spirit of generosity from which we perform your service. Namaste.
The Licensed Nail Technician role is to provide and maintain the highest standards of nail services and recommendations for home care. A nail technician must provide excellent guest care, and create a feeling of rest and relaxation for spa guests, resulting in high retention and increased treatment and retail sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide guests with thorough and knowledgeable professional nail services, adhering to company protocols.
- Ensure guests receive a detailed prescription for home care regimen after each service.
- Responsible for setting up work station according to standards.
- Required to maintain the established revenue and guest retention goals set for the nail department.
- Upholds and practices the universal health care protocol and standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by state/city law and the spa’s policies and procedures when dealing with guests and coworkers.
- Actively promotes spa treatments, retail products, packages, and seasonal promotions.
- Has complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating guests in these areas.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock stations.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Provides services within the scope of practice of profession as defined by the state/city/ local law, and in accordance with applicable regional laws and regulations.
- Performs gel manicures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have an applicable state license to perform services.
- Must have received nail training from an accredited/approved nail school.
- 12 to 18 months preferred experience working in a high-end resort or urban day spa environment.
- Must be available to work varying shifts such as: nights, weekends, and holidays.
Technical or Administrative Knowledge
- Thoroughly educated and understands the anatomy of the body and the effects of the specific techniques utilized in order to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial services to recommend to a given individual.
- Possess excellent communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Skilled at nail art a plus.
- Computer literate.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Exercises dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build relationships between individuals, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Benefits and Perks A competitive benefits package is offered, inquire within for details to:
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k savings plan
- Paid time away from work
- Employee spa service/retail discounts and Friends & Family program