Our journey began on the spiritual island of Bali, where we discovered a true reverence for the healing arts. In Bali, this knowledge is passed down from generation to generation, from mother to daughter, from father to son, and as such is deeply entwined in the Balinese way of life. Combining this rich knowledge and spirit of generosity with European techniques, Mandara offers each guest the ultimate luxuriously healing experience.
Today, Mandara Spas can be found in diverse locations around the world. Every Mandara Spa experience is completely unique, because we honor the diversity of the culture we are immersed in as well as the Balinese traditions from our past. It is our promise that while no two Mandara Spas are identical, you will recognize us from our commitment to your ultimate satisfaction, our belief in the healing arts and the spirit of generosity from which we perform your service. Namaste.
The Concierge is responsible for participating and monitoring front of house to ensure that all guests are met and welcomed, and that a comprehensive range of ‘information’ and ‘homecare services’ are offered. Paying special attention to front line guest service excellence standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for front desk reception, assist in the development of the highest service excellence to ensure spa is a market leader.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, greet guests, provide tours, answer phones, offer refreshments to guests.
- Direct client flow at the front desk, check-in & check out guests, perform cash handling duties.
- Participate in the success of spa monthly marketing promotions, promote/sell new spa memberships, be knowledgeable and well versed in all hotel and spa packages.
- Monitor spa using a critical eye and ear to assure standards are met, and troubleshoot to ensure marginal problems are resolved.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of all menu and retail items, to up-sell, cross-sell and pre-sell spa services and products.
- Monitor visual retail displays ensuring items are clean and well stocked.
Qualifications and Skills
Technical or Administrative Knowledge
- Preferred experience working with a Point of Sale system (Book4Time spa operating system experience desirable) and answering phones in a customer service facing environment, retail a plus.
- Computer literate with good typing skills.
- Excellent listening and verbal skills, and effective communicator.
- Able to operate basic business machines (i.e. calculator, fax, printer, copier).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet US employment and eligibility requirements.
- At least 1 year of experience of working with answering phones in a customer oriented environment.
- Excellent client care, service excellence, and attention to detail.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Demonstrate pleasant and appropriate phone and front facing client etiquette.
- High personal standards and values: self-motivated, team player, responsible, and dependable.
- Flexible and cooperative – must work weekends.
Benefits and Perks - A competitive benefits package is offered, inquire within for details to:
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k savings plan
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time away from work
- Employee spa service/retail discounts and Friends & Family program