Located on the eighth floor of the W Chicago Lakeshore, bliss chicago offers its signature menu of sought-after services amid spa-some views of Lake Michigan and Navy Pier. The 9,600 square foot tension-fighting facility features sixteen treatment rooms, four movie-while-you-manicure nail stations, a retail store, and bliss trademark touches like rhythm & blues tunes and our legendary brownie buffet.
The Massage Therapist role is to provide and maintain the highest standards of massage therapy and recommendations for home care. A massage therapist must provide excellent guest care, and create a feeling of rest and relaxation for spa guests, resulting in high retention and increased treatment and retail sales.
JOB REQUIREMENTS-Experience: (Type of work experience, min. number of years):
- 12 – 18 months preferred experience working in a high end resort or urban spa environment
- Applicable license to perform services
Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have received massage training from an accredited/approved massage school.
- Thoroughly educated and understands the anatomy of the body and the effects of the specific techniques utilized in order to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial services to recommend to a given individual.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrates commitment to provide the highest quality of massage therapy to those who seek their professional service.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as maybe scheduled by your Spa Director with prior notice.